Ikaslan Bizkaia leads an international project that focuses on finding solutions that guarantee the real integration of diversity in training processes.
The EduChampions – Fostering edupreneurship to embrace learners’ diversity project stems from the need to create effective conditions for people who face any kind of barrier and/or have fewer opportunities to thrive in their lives. Education plays a decisive role in this equation as a driving force for personal, social and professional development. However, in addition to articulating methodological and technological tools, addressing integration processes in this environment requires innovative approaches that guide transformations in the educational ecosystems.
In recent years, a number of initiatives have emerged from an edupreneur mindset in order to propose new approaches in the field of education. Experts are looking for innovative, training and educational solutions that add value and are economically viable at the same time. From this perspective, their proposals for change, far from remaining in the limbo of the imagination, can be consolidated by including aspects linked to the viability of the idea in the innovation process, such as resources or the expected impact, among others.
Fostering the edupreneur mindset in education professionals
EduChampions is designed to provide teachers and education specialists with references and tools with which, from their expert position, they can promote improvements in training processes that guarantee equity and equal opportunities.
Based on the assumption that we are all learners with different needs, the project will draw on inspiring stories of edupreneurs, people who have undertaken educational entrepreneurship, to identify innovative practices in their narratives and approaches, especially those relevant to VET education. These examples will help to identify the most significant strategies and tools related to learner-centred pedagogies, relevant use of digital tools and educational entrepreneurship. From these experiences, EduChampions will extract and synthesise the information gathered to create learning resources that will help education professionals rethink their current practices and explore new options to move towards real and effective integration of diversity in the classroom.
In particular, the results of the project will include:
- An interactive dashboard: interactive infographics showing the achievements of edupreneurs influencing change in their educational ecosystems.
- A learning pathway: an informative pathway for the teaching teams to develop their competences in the field of educational entrepreneurship.
- Online learning stations: an open access online platform that will collect the infographics, tools and exercises developed by EduChampions.
Ikaslan Bizkaia will coordinate the EduChampions team during the two years of the project
The transnational team in charge of the project include specialists in vocational training, innovation, technological development adapted to the educational ecosystem, strategy, social integration and diversity. In total, the team gathers 8 European entities representing 7 countries.
- Ikaslan Bizkaia (coordinator). Spain. A non-profit association aimed at promoting and improving vocational training.
- Mindshift Talent Advisory lda, Portugal. Consultancy specialising in Human Capital. Its aim is to foster digital and interpersonal maturity in organisations and society.
- İnovasyon Girişimcilik Eğitim ve Araştırma Derneği, Turkey. Non-governmental organisation dedicated to the promotion of social innovation that favours the creation of new job opportunities for young people and adults.
- Foundation Maker’s Place Private Company, Greece. Innovation management consultancy that seeks the transformation of organisations and teams through the activation of new skills and disruptive methodologies.
- Centre for Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology LTD-Cardet, Cyprus. Research and development centre with global expertise in VET education, digital business skills and capacity building.
- Disruptia, SLU, Spain. Company that supports educational entities and public institutions in defining an effective digital transformation strategy.
- Training 2000 psc, Italy. Certified adult education centre in the Marche Region for regional training, with experience in education and training in different sectors.
- Biedriba Eurofortis, Latvia. Czech-Latvian centre working in the field of training and development of personal and professional competences.
The project is expected to start in January in Greece and to be completed by the end of 2024.
More information about the project is available here.